I kept getting this annoying message when starting mythtv-setup on my QNAP:
MythFontProperties: Failed to load 'Liberation Sans', got 'FreeSans' instead
Turns out the Liberation Sans font is a freely available one, I downloaded mine from here
I then installed the ttf files into /opt/share/mythtv/fonts, restarted mythtv-setup and no more warnings about the fonts.
I was seeing this in the mythtv-setup log when trying to get it to detect tv_grab_nz.py:
2013-04-27 16:05:07.772632 I XMLTVConfig::Load: Running 'tv_find_grabbers baseline'.
2013-04-27 16:05:08.068895 E XMLTVConfig::Load: Failed to run tv_find_grabbers
So turns out you need the xmltv package to get the 7 day epg working using tv_grab_nz-py from here
Luckly, someone has already created a QPKG for xmltv on the QNAP here
So I had to get MythWeb running on MythTV which is running on my QNAP TS-210.
After going through the setup and changing the config file as required I had a few issues.
The first issue (Failed to open translation file: modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in /share/Qweb/mythweb/classes/Translate.php) was resolved by symlinking the modules_path directory in the Mythweb directory to the modules directory (in the same directory).
So I finally got MythTV running on my QNAP and tried to connect to the Upnp MythTV service but this just kept failing. Turns out Samsung TV’s send an extra ‘/’ in the POST request – DOH!!
So the hack for mythtv to handle this is here
So I edited my libs/libmythupnp/httprequest.cpp in the mythtv-0.26.0 source on my QNAP. Not wanting to recompile the entire application, I just did:
The restarted MythTV, and voila! Upnp is now working on the samsung TV’s!
I have a QNAP TS-210 which has a Marvell 6281 800MHz CPU and 256MB RAM running firmware 3.8.2 Build 20130301
I installed MythTV as per the wiki instructions here
The compile of QT took around 30 hours and the compile of MythTV took around 12 hours!! So don’t try to do this when you’re in a hurry.
I had a few issues with the compiling of MythTV, all of them pretty much were discussed in this forum.
The patches provided for MythTV 0.26 pre patch on the wiki page above worked except for the mythcdrom-linux.cpp one, which I had to apply manually.
After this manual patch was applied, I got errors when trying to configure MythTV due to the system unable to find the libuuid headers. As discussed in the QNAP forum, you need to download the QNAP GPL source and perform the following:
cp GPL_TS/src/e2fsprogs-1.41.4/lib/uuid/uuid.h /opt/include/uuid/uuid.h
ln -sf /lib/libuuid.so.1 /lib/libuuid.so
The configure then ran successfully ( I had to leave off the “–cpu=’i686′” option otherwise it refused to configure. Since I am using the HDHomerun network tuner, I didn’t need to build kernel drivers since support for the HDHomerun is included in MythTV.
The make failed, unable to locate some libraries or something, I had to add the path to the opt bin directory:
Once I has it all working, I was able to run mythv-setup and configure my HDHomerun with all DVB-T channels.